Friday, May 14, 2010


It's been a month since I've blogged! Where does the time go?

We're busy getting ready to move. We've been here for almost four years, and while for many that doesn't seem long, for a military family it's quite some time. We've really settled in and acquired some major "stuff". I'm trying to sort and decide what we really need to take with us. Our housing is going to be 1/3 to 1/2 the size of the house we have now so I really need to think long and hard about what is important for us to hold on to.


We're only going to be in KS for a year so in an effort to make the next move easier, I'm trying to think about what can be boxed and stored for the year. What I don't have to repack in a year is an added bonus. It'll also be nice to have it stored and out of the way.

We're also going to be in limbo for a few weeks while we wait for our housing to be made available. I need to think about what we'll need during this time and how much we can realistically keep with us in a hotel room.


So what to give away, store for a year, bring with us in the U-Haul, put on the moving truck which will then go into temporary storage until housing is ready, etc.

It's a lot to think about and organize.

Should I mention that organization is not my strong suit?

My baby can make biscuits better than I can get this house together on most days.


School is done next Friday. I can't wait. No more "BEEP BEEP BEEP" at 6:21. The endless school projects and homework will cease. We can read and relax at our neighborhood pool, which is located right across from our house. Perfect! We can run around in the evenings when the heat and humidity have begun to subside, and not give much thought to bedtime. Daddy is home this summer so that brings another level of enjoyment to everything. Good times.

Enjoy your weekend and I hope to be back sooner than later.

4 comments:

trooppetrie said...

i am so feeling your pain. we knew we were EXTREMELY over weight and had to cut back

Mrs. M said...

Such a cute helper you have there! Just blog hopping - saw you on the blog frog and thought I'd come by to say hi! Cute blog!! :)

Amy said...

Have you guys moved yet? I hope you're doing well!

trooppetrie said...

I hope you are moved and getting settled in.