Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's Time To Go


I'm writing this while James sits next to me, watching a Wiggles video on YouTube. Can't believe I'm listening to these guys again. They may be dorky as anything, but boy, do kids love them.

While we don't have a moving date yet, our "landlady" has decided to let her son move in once we leave. He called last night, making plans to visit the house, move in the end of June, etc.

JUNE! That is so close!

I hung up the phone with a heavy heart, realizing for probably the first time that we are truly, 110% moving to Kansas. I know that sounds silly, but things change so often with the Army that I've gotten used to hearing many maybes and few sure things. This is the longest we've lived anywhere in the same home, and I've come to love our home, our neighbors, our church, my beautiful rose bush, my clematis that is not dead but growing with leaps and bounds up my mailbox, the dogwood growing right outside my bedroom window, and the room where I rocked my fourth and final newborn baby. I love the morning sun coming through my kitchen windows, and one of my favorite things is to watch the setting sun from my bedroom, the house quiet after a busy day of swimming and enjoying another beautiful East TN summer day.

This move has blessed us beyond belief, and I know that God would not take us elsewhere unless He had bigger and better plans for us. Believing this, there is a part of me that is excited to get out to Kansas and see the new adventures that are waiting for us.

Still, it's never easy to say good-bye.

Kids have less than six weeks of school left. My gosh. Where has the school year gone, and how is it that I have a child who will be in the 5th grade? I'm looking forward to having them home with me. Somedays it's just too quiet with only James toddling around.

I took this photo of Anna and myself on Easter. I'm going to edit it now in Photoshop and see if I can improve the color and fade out the front door. I've had Elements since Christmas and haven't done much with it. I even have a book to help me navigate the waters and I still find it a challenge. Wish me luck!

Hoping that wherever you are it's as beautiful as it is here. Dogwoods are in full bloom and the azaleas are not far behind.

No comments: